Thursday, April 24, 2008

matt l. rohrer

(from: The Matt Rohrer Project)


Feb 11th

Feb 11th on the Railroad Earth:

And the muddy stream winding its way through the trees of your unopened cerebral forest. There is no such thing as “cerrebular” as far as I know, but that would be more accurate because this is a dull uncontrollable pulse, like a throb of sex hitting you when you’re with a platonic friend. And the muddy stream winding its way. There is no explanation for this undeniable hanging. This tightened drum, overflowing rattle. Am I allowed to say overflowing rattle? And the muddy stream winding its way through. And the muddy cerrebular throb. Am I allowed to throb? We are too smart to try to be smart. We are too stupid to avoid thinking about any one particular thing. Matt Rohrer. And the muddy stream winding through your cerebellum. The rain will come and punch the snags from their purchases. And the muddy stream winding. Trees are dense and inoperable. An uncontrollable pulse. Of course the sun is down. Of course we are alone in our salty chocolate baths. Everything looks like shit through a shit colored lens. We should all be on stage weeping and singing. An uncontrollable pulse. A muddy throb. We should be dividing volume into manageable fragments. No one should ever need to wear earplugs. We should all be shaking moderately. The muddy stream winding its way through.

Mar 2nd

Something Serious:

I think I’m coming down with something serious. Today a bird landed on the top branch of the tree outside my window. It added a hearty chunk to the tree’s jointed silhouette. This felt important.

Today I received an email from my first love. It said, “Do you remember when you were sleazy?” I had recently been considering calling her to apologize for being so insane when I was fourteen. I think I’m coming down with something serious.

My wallet is full of receipts and the man sitting next to me on the bus talks loudly to himself. An overused muscle. An overfed headache. I think I’m coming down with something serious. This feels important. Even with the internet, some things are impossible to find. Scratcher.

No comments: