Saturday, October 6, 2007

david larsen

you know that Hemingway wrote
on top of the ice box
I'm not trying to match wits
no no I know, I say
there are writers who write standing
and there are those who
I write in the mirror
meaning I look at a mirror
DEAR WINGED SANDALS
I look at a mirror when I write
The day has every hour in it
and uh clouds everywhere
some game inside to keep them warm
as if time turned a pitcher
as if the internet were there
as if the internet expected
somebody new
why are they spat on they are
sacred flames
reminding no one of the peace and quiet
things exist they really
leave a thumbprint
I write in the mirror
How bout you


David Larsen wrote The Thorn (Faux Press, 2005) in Oakland, Berkeley and San Jose. Now he lives in San Francisco.

No comments: