I Know the Truth
I know the truth as lies in country clothes,
in poison, where our mouths stagger open,
snake's tongue in flicker on our chins.
What do you people want? The more you work,
the murkier the game plan. Down Tavistock Way
they're opening Pete's Better Plantains.
In deceitful love surrendered you
all the other truths I'd taught you in the movies.
After the timeout we'll lock down the hourglass.
Wind, sand, storm of stars, what is it you
demand of me, a child's bleak innocence?
I have gotten a rise out of you yet.
Tonight, natural forces, show me your shaolin.
Kevin Killian has written 12 books and lives in San Francisco. He wrote "I Know The Truth" while enrolled in the CELLSpace poetry workshop taught by ingenious Ryan Newton, one of his favorite writers, summer 2005.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment