Flower to live by
   triolet for Mehmet Tarhan
I who learns to live by thorns―rest
of white diadems, the blackened heel steps―
cold green earthworms aerating soil.
I who learns to live by thorns―rest
of the design―rose blooms in love, toil
at heart― matter;
I who learns to live by thorns―rest
of white diadems―the blackened heel steps.
* * *
Sunday
It is Sunday. June 16, 2007.
Painting the Frigidaire a soft pink
My end table a sun yellow, as well
As the light fixture shaped like
an asteroid.
* * *
A little wisdom
Some new stockings
for my leg’s like a red, red
! Some moon flowers
my alter ego, the ends
financial pinch. Some innocence,
some experience to bleep through
the day.
Rich Hamilton is currently an MFA candidate at the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa.
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment